Friday 14 November 2014

Battle of the Autumn Lips!




    I adore dark lip colours, especially in the autumn months. So it will come as no surprise to you that I own a copious amount of purple and red lip sticks and have been wearing them religiously. Here are a selection of my favourite colours this year and you guys can decide which you like the most!





The first is this gorgeous colour from Rimmel called 'Vintage pink.' This one is considerably lighter than the other colours in my collection, and therefore a complete necessity! Vintage pink is the perfect colour if you're already wearing relatively heavy make-up but still want a darker lip without over powering your face.






The next colour I have in store for you is this, slightly darker, colour from Maybelline. It's name is 'always plum' which suits it perfectly because its ever so long lasting and always lasts me pretty much the whole day! This shade is a staple in my hand because it's amazing for a day on the go without having to worry about topping up your lips!








Next up is this lipstick from Topshop. We're starting to get into the darker plums now. It's name is 'called up' and is a beautifully vibrant colour. I find this goes perfectly with a darker, more plain outfit as it gives your look some oomph. The only issue I have with this product is that you have to wear lip liner with it, or else it makes the border of your lips look slightly blotchy and not solid. So if you're someone who wears lip liner religiously anyway, you'll have no issues with this products.





This shade is possibly one of my favourite buys this season. It is from the new 'appocolips' range from Rimmel and is called 'galaxy.' If you're more of a glossy kind of girl this is for you! The pigment is of that of a lipstick but it has a sheeny finish which I love! Unlike many other lip glosses, this product is particularly long lasting and is therefore the best of both worlds.







Moving onto the more red-ish colours, here is a perfect combination between red and plum.  The more you apply, the more plumy this colour gets but I would definitely consider it more of a red. This colour is called 'absolute burgundy' and perfect for an autumns day. I often find red colours far to bright and orangey for day time wear but this one is gorgeous and more than suitable for wear at any time of the day or occasion!




This shade is definitely as red as it gets! Another Topshop shade here and just as good as the last! Despite having the same lip liner issue I explained earlier, the colour pigment is beautiful, so i really wouldn't let it put you off. The name 'hazard' says it all. This colour is extremely vampy and possibly more appropriate for night time wear than day. But in my opinion that is that same of most red colours.






   Now, last but not least here is the darkest shade of my entire lipstick collection from make-up revolution. The colour name is 'black heart.' Despite the name the colour is not black and more a dark purple. This colour is definitely not for day time wearing (unless you're  feeling extremely daring.) But, if like me you are more than happy to experiment and go all out with your make-up on a night out, this is perfect for you. I have worn shades identical to town many
a time (I have only recently bought this particular one and haven't had the chance yet, but                                  don't worry I will.) Just be                                                          careful girls, it gets everywhere!




So those are my favourites for this season, if you fancy sharing with me your favourites I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment