Thursday 6 November 2014

Amazing, affordable, Asda haul!

   

If I told you that you could buy ten candles, two lip gloss's, two bath fizzers, a hat and skin moisturiser all for about £25, what would you say? 
    

    In the past I think I've had an extremely warped view of ASDA's beauty and clothing ranges. I thought because it was a money-saving supermarket the products would look cheap and not be of such good quality. Boy was I wrong. Last night, at an ungodly hour for shopping I may add, my mother and I decided to take and impromptu trip to ASDA (definitely not with the intention of her helping me stock up for my uni cupboards.) As per usual, I ended up getting wonderfully distracted by clothes and everything beauty.
   

   The first thing that caught my eye was a beautiful baby blue coat. It looked so expensive, but it was a mere £30! Now, I didn't  actually buy the coat, not because I didn't want to, but simply because they didn't have one in my size (I will be returning tomorrow as they have a delivery to purchase it however.) 
   
    


    The next thing that caught my eye was an adorable hat. Ever since I was a young child bobbles on beanie hats have troubled me. For some reason I just never took a liking to them, it was nothing personal, in fact I couldn't even tell you why, I just didn't like them. But something has changed within me, and apparently I am now a hat-with-bobbles kinda girl, who knew? For just £4 I had to get it, its just so cute!
 


    Then we inevitably moved on to my first love - candles. You would have laughed if you had seen the excitement I exuded for some scented wax, but they sell £1 yankee candle tasters!!!!!!!! Did you know that? I didn't! For £1 and 14 hours of burning I was not disappointed. Admittedly, I ended up buying 9 (I told you I love candles) but I couldn't resist. My plan is to test them all out and then request my 2 favourites as christmas presents in their full glory. I managed to tear myself away from the yankee candles and also purchased one of the glade scents. It sounds kinda odd I'll admit, but it smells gorgeous. I chose warm spice as it was on offer for £2, so I had to have it, right?
                                                      
 
    




Lastly, I made my way over to the make-up and beauty section. I've heard from multiple different people about the 'Dolly's Mixtures' shower gels and I was on an absolute mission to buy them. I found them, on offer for £1 (god I love ASDA!) So, obviously I bought three (I'm out of control.) My choices were 'lime mojito,' 'rhubarb and custard' and finally bubble gum, which is heavenly. I am yet to actually use these but just from smelling them I know I'm going to fall in love!




   Since I'm obsessed with all things lip stick I have more than a girl could ever, the one thing I'm lacking in is however, is lip gloss. In the colder months I feel in need of a more glossy, moisturising, lip product, so lip gloss is definitely the answer. The new Rimmel Apocalips caught my eye and I ended up buying two, a plum colour and a nude gloss - galaxy and nude eclipse. They're especially thick and the colour pigmet bares more resemblance to that of a lipstick which is a deal breaker for me. 



   The last two purchases were; L'Oreal triple active glow moisturiser and two Nspa bath fizzers in coconut and vanilla. Recently, I've been so laid back with my skin care routine I could've fallen over, but now that it is colder I need to start looking after my skin! I often find my natural complexion, can look quite dull. My skin is clear and the pigment is quite constant, but sometimes I just think there is no natural glow and I've read great things about this product in regards to the glow and hydration it gives you! The bath fizzers are pretty self explanatory - my only issue with ASDA is that, in the store I went to anyway, these were the only two bath fizzers in the entire place. Despite that I'm sure they'll do just fine and for £1.60 each I can't really complain!

No comments:

Post a Comment