Tuesday 4 November 2014

Autumn Tag


Hey guys, I wasn't actually going to write a new post tonight because I'd decided to write 3/4 a week and put a considerable time and effort into my posts. However... here I am, bored at home on a cold, cosy evening with nothing else to do. So, I'm just going to do a nice and simple autumn tag and tell you all about my favourite time of year. 


1. What is your favourite drink from a coffee shop?

Right, this answer is going to be disappointingly un-autumn like, but my all time favourite coffee is a mocha coffee cooler from Costa. I know, who in their right mind drinks cold coffee when it's already so cold outside, but frankly I'm just not that fond of hot drinks. Now, I say I'm not fond of hot drinks, I am, just not when I'm out and about. Theres nothing better than snuggling up on the sofa, with the fire going and a hot beverage in your hand. But on the go? I just don't see the appeal!


2. What accessories do you tend to opt for?
 
Accessories have, and always will be, my favourite part of any outfit. I love necklaces, you'll never see me without one as I think they really pull an outfit together. So, my first go to accessory in autumn is my moon necklace. I received it as a present for my 18th birthday and it is carved out of glass. If you know me, you'll know the necklace because I wear it absolutely relentlessly, but I do believe it has a more autumn-y theme. The second necklace that I believe is perfect for autumn is possibly my favourite piece of jewellery in existence - and it is my pocket watch necklace. Its absolutely gorgeous and the pewter type colour is perfect for autumn outfits. I bought it in camden so the price was an absolute steal (I cant remember it exactly though!) My Last favourite accessory is my new red tartan and dog tooth, multiway, scarf. It is so long, big and cosy (I've actually used it as a blanket a few times) and perfect for summer. Admittedly, I bought it in Sainsbury's for £10 but in my opinion it is of just as good quality as any topshop scarf, and for half the price and I love that I can turn it onto either side and completely change my look without the purchase of a new scarf!


3. What is your favourite music to listen to?

I'm not sure whether I consciously change the music I listen to based on the season, but I would say that in the colder weather, in the evening I enjoy a nice soft, acoustic song perhaps more than I would normally. It all just adds to the cosiness! My favourite song at the moment is definitely 'Thinking out loud" by Ed Sheeran, it just makes me happy and I really like singing along! 

4. What is your favourite scent at this time of year?

I have always had multiple perfumes on my shelf, my big thing is to always smell nice, if I feel like I don't smell good, I'm not a happy bunny. However, my favourite scents I like to wear when the weather turns colder have to be, Dior - Hypnotic Poison and Channel - No. 5. I know, they're quite the contrast, but I've always adored the classic scent of channel and think it is absolutely perfect for autumn and winter evenings. Whereas, Hypnotic Poison on the other hand is just so inviting.


5. What scents will you be burning this time of year?

I don't think I burnt a single candle all throughout summer, but the second I feel even slightly chilly, out they come! Over the last week or so I've been burning two candles; gingerbread from the 'Salt City Candle Company' and the other I purchased in BHS (I've search relentlessly for the name of the scent and I just can't find it, but its some form of mango/orangey/fruity scent. Obviously, the Salt City candle is far more seasonal and just makes my room smell of Christmas, but I really love fruity scents so I'm prone to burning them regardless of the weather! I really need to purchase some new candles for this year though, so I'm sure I'll do some kind of candle haul in a few weeks.


 


6. What do you love best about Autumn?

Everything. I love summer, don't get me wrong, but there is nothing like when the weather starts to turn cold and there are amber leaves scattered everywhere. Autumn is the time of year when I immediately begin to feel christmasy (premature I know) and get to snuggle up on the sofa with hot chocolate, a cosy jumper and the fire going. Amber is such a gorgeous colour which just makes me feel so homely, and evidently autumn is full of it! In terms of fashion and make-up, autumn is also my favourite season, I feel like you can do so much more with your clothes when it's colder, everyone loves a summer dress, but in autumn I can buy jumpers and jeans and trousers and leggings and t-shirts and scarves and coats and well, you get the idea. I like to shop. Lastly, it sounds silly I know, but lip stick is my favourite beauty product and I often like to wear darker, plum shades, so autumn is prime time for me to whack them out!


I would love to hear everyones answers so I tag you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment